Re: xserver-xfree86 4.0.2-1 and S3 ViRGE/MX problems

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 10:45:13PM +1100, Robert Norris wrote:

> > Have you tried 'XFree86 -configure' yet?  That will generate a generic
> > XF86Config file.  Let me know if you see any difference.  It can't be
> > any worse...
>
> No change, unfortunately.

I've had what may well be exactly the same problem.  I've been meaning to
take it up with Kevin and the guys at XFree86 but haven't had time yet.
I've been able to use the vesa driver rather than s3virge, so at least I
have X up and running (which partly explains why I haven't got round to
taking it up further to fix s3virge).

> > Option "noaccel"
> > Option "usefb" "no"
>
> Neither of these options have made any difference.

I haven't tried those particular options, but by now I'm feeling pretty
pessimistic... ;/

> I appreciate your efforts on this. If can help in any way (logfiles,
> test programs, whatever) please let me know - I'm happy to try anything.

I'm glad you brought the problem up.  I'll try to make time in the next few
days to make my logs available too.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A