Re: xfree86-1 3.3.6-3; 3 down, 3 to go

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:56:37AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > i got a message from someone telling me about this two patches. Apparently
> > kbdrate.patch is needed on some macs since the kbdrate changes in Xfree. I
> > have no macs, and lost my mail archive, so i don't know if this is still true
> > with 3.3.6-3, please someone from the debian-powerpc list test it.
>
> They mess directly with the (assumed PC-style) keyboard hardware, which breaks
> horribly on machines that don't have such hardware. This patch definitely has
> to go in.

Ah.  I wrote a patch for this myself and submitted it upstream because it
caused a build crash on architectures without ioport() defined.  It is
already in the existing packages (3.3.6-3).

> > The second patch fbdev-dpms.patch contains a patch to have dpms aware fbdev
> > Xserver. Since i cannot compile, i couldn't test it.
>
> I never tried that patch, but it's needed to make use of the power save ioctl
> in frame buffer devices.

Okay, thanks for the info.  I'll queue this up for 3.3.6-4.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |     Damnit, we're all going to die; let's
Debian GNU/Linux               |     die doing something *useful*!