Re: xfree86-1 3.3.6-3; 3 down, 3 to go

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 08:49:30AM -0500, Brian Almeida wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 02:28:41PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > The -g option to gcc might have something to do with it.  This is mandated
> > by Debian policy, BTW.
> Perhaps not for much longer.
>
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/43/43787.html

I'm aware of that proposed policy.  I will probably continue to build X
with -g, however.  If I can keep my build trees around for all
architectures, I want to be able to toss people X servers with debugging
symbols when they report crashes.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |         Psychology is really biology.
Debian GNU/Linux               |         Biology is really chemistry.