Re: xfree86-1 3.3.6-3; 3 down, 3 to go

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 02:29:30PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 04:44:36PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > Ok thanks, ...
> >
> > i managed to build it in ~600MBs, being root and all so it will use the extra
> > space also, and removing stuff as it goes, specially the upstream source. But
> > it never passed the build stage even so.
> >
> > Does the packages contain the fbdev-dpms.patch and kbdrate.patch i was sent
> > when 3.3.6-1 was out ?
>
> I'm not familiar with these, what are they?

i got a message from someone telling me about this two patches. Apparently
kbdrate.patch is needed on some macs since the kbdrate changes in Xfree. I
have no macs, and lost my mail archive, so i don't know if this is still true
with 3.3.6-3, please someone from the debian-powerpc list test it.

The second patch fbdev-dpms.patch contains a patch to have dpms aware fbdev
Xserver. Since i cannot compile, i couldn't test it.

Anyway, i append both patches to this message.

Any news on 3.9.x servers ?

i think it would be nice to have at least a server package, since the rage128
of most modern macs is supported on 3.9.x, but not on 3.3.x, but then maybe
they plan to use xpmac instead.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER