Re: [mongoose@users.sourceforge.net: X upgrade policy]

Seth Arnold wrote:

Compared against Utah, at least the last time I looked at it, this is
really pretty quick and easy. Whether or not the features supported by
Utah are imporant enough to justify the work involved with getting it to
go is entirely dependent upon the applications one needs to run. For me,
I never missed the features. For mongoose (terry?), he obviously misses
the features of Utah, but not enough to ensure they wouldn't be
overwritten.

So, it is your stance that you will not support cards without DRI drivers - and only support 3d cards by their DRI drivers only? People shouldn't be artificial limited like that from my view.

If this was about quick and easy and using drivers that weren't fully functional, then I could be running NT. This is about a policy change that wasn't well thought. Some people will need utah for some time, and not allowing new installs of xservers to support utah seems to artifically impose huge hurtles for users and shops alike.

cheers,
Terry
| GooseEgg    http://gooseegg.sourceforge.net       |
| QuakeForge  http://www.quakeforge.net             |
| Personal    http://www.westga.edu/~stu7440        |
|      Death is running Debian GNU/Linux            |