Re: [mongoose@users.sourceforge.net: X upgrade policy]

>> Seth Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

 > Terry, a few quick comments -- first, Utah-glx is in the past. While
 > their work may have been nifty at one point, and for people running
 > 3.3.x perhaps necessary, XF 4.0.1 has a *much* easier GL system.

 Grmpf!

 Do you know what DRI currently supports vs what Utah currently supports
 in terms of hardware and/or features?  I din't think so.

 DRI's implementation is orders of magnitude cleaner and it *is* a
 better option for some people (most of the people, probably), but
 brushing Utah as a thing "in the past" is, at best, cluelessness.  If
 *you* had trouble setting up Utah drivers it doesn't mean that
 *everyone* will have them.

--
Marcelo