Re: 4.0.1-11 breaks text and images on SiS 86C326

> Weird. I just upgraded to -11 and when xdm starts, the login widget shows
> up as a blank box. Even weirder, switching to a text console and back
> suddenly brings the text back! (Except that it cleared the background to
> white in the process) Everything seems to work OK now, but earlier on, on
> my first attempt to restart X, the X server crashed after I logged in.

Yup, that is the bug that I'm seeing.
	I haven't tried switching to text mode and back: but I just found out
that changing resolutions and changing back (e.g. CTRL-ALT-{+,-}) also
works.
	It seems that some kind of video initialization is not being called
when the server first starts.

-BenRI