Re: [4.0.1-0phase1v11] xlibgl1 shlibs

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 11:01:18PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 06:14:22PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 05:34:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > Also, I'm starting to think I need to pull libOSMesa into its own package,
> > > because the virtual package libgl1 can only be expected to provide libGL,
> > > not libGLU, libOSMesa, or anything else.
> [snip]
>
> Yes, Sven.  To say in sentence what you said in 3 paragraphs, the Mesa
> maintainer and I will need to agree to split libraries that aren't
>
> > That said i compiled the 0phase1v11 source package, and it did stop in the
> > glide driver compilation, but i suppose you already know that. The compilation
> > went fine when removeing the glide driver though.
>
> You didn't have libglide2-dev installed.

Ah, ...

Yes that must be it, ...

> > I am experiencing problems with gdm which i didn't encounter with a upstream
> > compiled 4.0.1 though but i guess it is too early for you to bother with such
> > stuff. But i will list them here all the same, because i may forget later on.
>
> Sounds like a bug in gdm.  Have you considered mentioning it to its
> maintainer?

Does it make sense to do it before the package are ready ?

> > Also xdm seems to lack a /etc/init.d/xdm file also.
>
> Apparently you somehow missed the part about these packages NOT BEING DONE YET.
> I haven't migrated everything forward yet.

No i don't forgot, i just tell you what i experienced, i was perfectly able to
fix these things by myself, i just reported them here.

> > And finally installing 3.3.6-10 over and upstream compiled 4.0.1 (no debian
> > package) hoose the xkb stuff, and i get the pre-xkb input, and thus no shift
> > or alt or whatever key :(((
>
> I can't even parse this sentence, but don't bother explaining it to me,
> because it sounds like something you're just going to have to deal with
> until the packages are in a better state.

This has nothing to do with the 4.0.1 packages, but with the cohabitation of
the 3.3.6 package and a 4.0.1 compiled from upstream source.

> Please consider re-reading the README in the phase1 directory sometime, and
> refreshing your memory about the fact that these packages aren't ready for
> general use yet.

Ok, i understood, i will no more report stuff to you, if you still take me for
an idiot.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER