Re: [4.0.1-0phase1v11] xlibgl1 shlibs

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 05:34:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 10:43:00PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >  xlibgl1's shlibs says:
> >
> >    libGL     1 xlibgl1 (>= 4.0.1-0)
> >    libOSMesa 3 xlibgl1 (>= 4.0.1-0)
> >
> >  is there a reason for that? (ignore the libOSMesa line -- it's there
> >  for completeness) It should be simply libgl1.  If a program /really/
> >  depends on the OpenGL implementation in Xfree86 4.0, it's either
> >  broken or has a very specific need.  In the later case, it should
> >  declare the dependency by itself.
>
> I just tossed that in because I needed a shlibs line.
>
> What, specifically, do you suggest, again?  Please show me the exact format
> so I don't screw it up.  :)
>
> Also, I'm starting to think I need to pull libOSMesa into its own package,
> because the virtual package libgl1 can only be expected to provide libGL,
> not libGLU, libOSMesa, or anything else.

Hello, ...

libGLU is provided by the various mesa packages around there, which conflict
with xlibgl1. So it is not possible to install it.

BTW, packages that contains libGLU (both mesa version at least) provide the
libgl1 virtual package which xlibgl1 also provides.

So to not break anything, or we provide libGLU also or we have have the mesa
maintainer provide a package containing libGLU and other needed stuff .

That said i compiled the 0phase1v11 source package, and it did stop in the
glide driver compilation, but i suppose you already know that. The compilation
went fine when removeing the glide driver though.

I am experiencing problems with gdm which i didn't encounter with a upstream
compiled 4.0.1 though but i guess it is too early for you to bother with such
stuff. But i will list them here all the same, because i may forget later on.

The problem is that the gdm login screen appears ok, but when login in,
i get a black screen, and then the gdm login windows appears again, having
restarted X.

Also xdm seems to lack a /etc/init.d/xdm file also.

And finally installing 3.3.6-10 over and upstream compiled 4.0.1 (no debian
package) hoose the xkb stuff, and i get the pre-xkb input, and thus no shift
or alt or whatever key :(((

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER