Re: [4.0.1-0phase1v11] xlibgl1 shlibs

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 06:14:22PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 05:34:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Also, I'm starting to think I need to pull libOSMesa into its own package,
> > because the virtual package libgl1 can only be expected to provide libGL,
> > not libGLU, libOSMesa, or anything else.
[snip]

Yes, Sven.  To say in sentence what you said in 3 paragraphs, the Mesa
maintainer and I will need to agree to split libraries that aren't
libGL.so.1 into other packages.

> That said i compiled the 0phase1v11 source package, and it did stop in the
> glide driver compilation, but i suppose you already know that. The compilation
> went fine when removeing the glide driver though.

You didn't have libglide2-dev installed.

> I am experiencing problems with gdm which i didn't encounter with a upstream
> compiled 4.0.1 though but i guess it is too early for you to bother with such
> stuff. But i will list them here all the same, because i may forget later on.

Sounds like a bug in gdm.  Have you considered mentioning it to its
maintainer?

> Also xdm seems to lack a /etc/init.d/xdm file also.

Apparently you somehow missed the part about these packages NOT BEING DONE YET.

I haven't migrated everything forward yet.

> And finally installing 3.3.6-10 over and upstream compiled 4.0.1 (no debian
> package) hoose the xkb stuff, and i get the pre-xkb input, and thus no shift
> or alt or whatever key :(((

I can't even parse this sentence, but don't bother explaining it to me,
because it sounds like something you're just going to have to deal with
until the packages are in a better state.

Please consider re-reading the README in the phase1 directory sometime, and
refreshing your memory about the fact that these packages aren't ready for
general use yet.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Never underestimate the power of human
Debian GNU/Linux                |    stupidity.