Re: Encoding problems with check_trans.pl

Hi Andrei!

You wrote:

> I've no idea why the patch works;  it screws things up here, in
> particular for languages that still use iso8859-1 (for example, french).
> encode() encodes the perl string into a proper utf8 bytestring.  At
> least, that's what it's suppoed to do...

I think I might have found the problem: I had an uncommitted change in
webwml/Perl/Local/Util.pm that implemented the actual charset conversion
while reading the file from disk.  I've just committed it (rev 1.3).
Could you please check if it works with the updated Util.pm?

Thanks,
Bas.

| Bas Zoetekouw      | Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, |
|--------------------| The bridall of the earth and skie:      |
| bas@zoetekouw.net  | The dew shall weep thy fall tonight;    |
+--------------------|                    For thou must die.   |