Re: Encoding problems with check_trans.pl

Hi Andrei!

You wrote:

> > Hmm, there was an ancient version of MIME::Lite embedded in the
> > repositry.  I've updated it now, but I doubt it makes any difference...
> >
> > I also tried with sid just now and it works perfectly here (both with
> > the old and new MIME::Lite).
>
> But why does the patch work (and what does encode() even do)?

I've no idea why the patch works;  it screws things up here, in
particular for languages that still use iso8859-1 (for example, french).
encode() encodes the perl string into a proper utf8 bytestring.  At
least, that's what it's suppoed to do...

Kind regards,
bas.

| Bas Zoetekouw      | Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, |
|--------------------| The bridall of the earth and skie:      |
| bas@zoetekouw.net  | The dew shall weep thy fall tonight;    |
+--------------------|                    For thou must die.   |