Re: Hebrew Translation for Debian About Page

Am Dienstag, den 17.06.2008, 09:19 +0300 schrieb Oz Nahum:
> I have uploaded my hebrew translation my server:
>
> http://www.tabula0rasa.org/debianabout/about.html

 Thanks.

> So, now I will set forward to create an appropriate wml file, but
> before I start maybe some one can offer a script that can help with
> this job ?

 I'm not completely sure what you mean with a script that helps with the
job. It's basically only taking the english wml file from CVS, noting
down its revision in the translation-check header, and translating the
text in it. The part about the translation-check header can be done by
the script copypage.pl which is part of the CVS repository - but that
would mean you have at least a checkout of the english and (not yet
created) hebrew part from the CVS, together with the scripts that are
above those.

 If you use the cvs web interface, you can see the Revision: 1.60 at the
top of this page:
<http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/english/intro/about.wml?rev=HEAD&root=webwml&view=auto>

 That is propably the version you translated from. Use the download link
from there and save it. Then add the following line next to the other
#use and #include headers at the top:

#use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.60"

 The rest is translating the text within the page. Please not to *not*
change the <a href="#what"> parts (the what in there) so that people
going to <http://www.debian.org/intro/about#what> will always go to the
same place no matter what language they have set in their browsers.

 About your css changes, I'm a bit puzzled, because well, you mentioned
that the menu should be on the right side - but the about page doesn't
have that menu, and if you are speaking about the top bar navigation
buttons, those indeed _are_ reversed in the arabic pages, too.

 So long,
Rhonda
P.S.: I am not sure if you are subscribed already to the debian-www
mailinglist. If not, pretty please do so - it's usual behavior to not Cc
people offlist unless the explicitly ask for, so if you don't want to
miss any replies you should subscribe to the list, some might not Cc
you. If you already are - then it's fine and I excuse for having sent
you a copy of the mail directly. :)