Re: Hebrew Translation for Debian About Page

"Oz Nahum" <nahumoz@gmail.com> writes:
> What about the design and the layout of the page ? I did some work on the
> CSS file.
> It's not enough to just translate the strings of text. The Layout of the
> page has to be a liltte bit different.

I don't know if you know any Arabic, but I guess that CSS stuff can be
mostly copied from Arabic if it is only left-to-right versus
right-to-left issue.

Please note that some template stuff is translated with gettext (".po"
files). It seems that this gettext usage is one thing that is not
documented on the website, but if you have translated any software, it
should be very easy to do this.

>>No, HTML is useless. Please obtain the English WML file (I sent you a
>>link) and replace the English text with your translation.
>
> Waiting for the link to wma.

It is quite well documented in the website:
http://www.debian.org/devel/website/using_cvs

http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_hints

--
Tommi Vainikainen