Re: Switching from CVS to something else

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 10:58:49AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  In an $Id$ line there is only one version stored.  We can extract that
> in many other ways, too.  The problem I tried to point out is with the
> mindelta and maxdelta feature of the translation-check.  If they are not
> set maxdelta is set to 5 updates - which I don't see a way to check
> offline with svn.  With CVS it was simple comparison of numbers, with
> SVN you can't do that, $Id$ will contain the overall revision, too, not
> the revision of that very single file which we though need.

True, svn revisions numbers do not match commits. We probably have to switch
to a different mechanism for that feature.

One that comes to my mind is to find the number of commit messages between
the current revision and the translation's revision using 'svn log'. That,
however, can be very CPU consuming.

Another option is to go to time-based checks: checkout the timestamp for the
original (English) commit and compare with the timestamp of the translation's
commit. If it's over N weeks warn if it is over M weeks complain.

Regards

Javier