Re: log files on www.d.o [Re: Improvements of the website]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 06:29:38PM +0200, Runa Agate Sandvik wrote:
> > Done (including installing visitors, and making all the old .gz log files
> > belong to group debwww as well)
>
> Where can we find the stats now? :)

Easy there, I'm just going to set up the cron job now :)

It will take some time for awstats to run through the old data, though.

I should also note that we have:

	http://www-master.debian.org/webalizer/

but something killed the updates on June 17th, 2006 :(
It's still there,

% sudo -u debwww crontab -l | grep webaliz
37 5,11,17,23 * * * /var/www/webalizer/do-all -Q

but I can't see what happens to it. exim4 -bt indicates that cron should
have been sending mail through the normal interfaces, and ending up in
/org/www.debian.org/mail/defaultmbox, but the file is missing and I can't
seem to figure out where any mails might have went.

Anyway, the real reason of the failures seems to be that the scripts did
e.g.:

exec zcat -f $(ls -1rt /var/log/apache/www.debian.org-access.log* | tail -5) | \
 webalizer \
  $quiet \
  -c /var/www/webalizer/webalizer.conf \
  -n www.debian.org \
  -o /var/www/webalizer/www.debian.org \
  /dev/stdin

And now the log files are in apache*2*, and there is no compatibility
symlink. Arrrrrrrrrrgh.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.