Re: Improvements of the website

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:50:14AM +0200, Fabrice LORRAIN wrote:
> Josip Rodin a écrit :
> >You're assuming that a visitor comes and wants to get Debian.
> >Do you really think that all those people want to instantly download
> >and install an operating system? I don't think they do; I think that
> >there is a sizeable chunk of visitors who will just be browsing,
> >come across a link to our site, and then click to see what it is.
>
> Might be interresting to have metrics and figure of users navigation on
> w.d.o. to help see where improvement is the most useful.

True. Nobody has taken time to use some tools, go through our logs and gives
us what the common usage patterns of the current website are.

Might be interesting to do that *before* proposing a layout change (which
might involve hiding stuff, that log analysis could turn out is actually
highly used and searched for)

Regards

Javier