Re: New deb mother tongue - proposed solution

Josip,

> Word has it, apache 1.3 CN code was hairy. Combine that with general
> laziness, and you get no volunteers :)

Nobody from debian.org has stepped up to say he will install and test the
fix if somebody else would provide a patch. Until that happens, there's no
point in me or anyone volunteering to lead the engineering effort to create
an Apache Content-Negotiation patch to fix the bug with languages as
displayed at debian.org.

Laziness isn't holding back potential volunteers, rather confusion and
bureaucracy. We've overcome the confusion. How about the bureaucracy? Is
Debian ready to commit on fixing this, or will it continue to blame users?

Who holds the keys to installing and testing a future Apache CN patch at
debian.org?

Cheers,

Robin
www.LinuxMovies.org