Re: New deb mother tongue?

Alfie,

> The question is why you were not reading the site that Kaare sugguested
> you to read: <http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html>.  That page
> *describes* how Content-Negotiation works and why en-us doesn't work
> like you would expect it.

That Web page says, "You should set the preferred language to all the
languages you speak, ordered by your preference. It is a good idea to add
English ('en') as a backup (last in the list) because the original language
of the Debian web pages is English and not all documents may be translated
into your preferred language(s)." Futher, "We strongly recommend that you do
not add country extensions to a language unless you have good reason."

What do you think I should infer from the above as the reason Portugese is
displayed when it is not specified as a country or language in the browser?
Why do you think a setting of en-us (only) should return Portugese? And, why
should debian.org be the only site where this occurs?

Note that I have not ignored Debian's warning about adding country
extensions to the browser settings. In fact, I hadn't changed anything. What
we're talking about is a common default configuration for browsers, that is,
en-us only.

Cheers,

Robin

P.S. If you have a point it was well concealed within your unprovoked
personal attack.
www.LinuxMovies.org
http://filmgimp.sourceforge.net
www.OpenSourceProgrammers.org