Re: upcoming changes on www-master

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 04:40:58PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Due to the pending move of the www-master.d.o hardware from the US to the
> > Netherlands, we will have to temporarily relocate the services to gluck.d.o.
> > packages.d.o is already moved, www.d.o will be done today with cvs.d.o, and
> > search.d.o will likely be disabled since it sounds like a lot of work :)
> >
> > The webwml cron jobs are currently disabled due to this. Please don't change
> > /org/*.debian.org/ on klecker for the time being, for obvious reasons.
>
> I also run cron jobs (stopped now) to generate pages linked from
>   http://www.debian.org/devel/website/desc
> Recently s/people.debian.org/www-master.debian.org/ was performed
> on this page, could you please tell me how transition will take place
> in the near future?  If other moves are planned, maybe I could
> remove these links until everything is done.

It will stay on www-master. We were using people in those URLs by accident,
really, they should have pointed to www-master as they require a web mirror
to be generated.

While www-master is on gluck (up to a week, depending on how long the
shipping takes), you're free to not do any new validator runs, as that is
a minor issue. Simply turn it back on on klecker after it's moved.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.