Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 09:27:15AM +0800, Andrew Shugg wrote:
> > (On related note, I need to check out that WebDAV module for Apache,
> > apparently it provides machine-parseable directory indices via HTTP.)
>
> It does, and it's great, but it'll only help you for mirror sites that
> are running apache+mod_dav (or some other DAV-capable web server) AND
> have DAV switched on for the Debian mirror part of the website.  Or I
> have I completely misunderstood what you're wanting to do?

I want to see how it works, how hard it is to set up, and if it's not too
hard, see about telling mirror maintainers to install it.

> The output of directories in HTML format by Apache and various other web
> servers isn't that difficult to parse.

An increasing number of people are starting to use customized directory
indices. At one point there were at least a dozen sites that made our mirror
checkers trip over the custom html and mark them as broken. This is bearable
when it happens to the Nth mirror in US or Germany, but it's a serious
problem if it happens in countries where there's only a minute amount of
them.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.