Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

Josip Rodin said:
> (On related note, I need to check out that WebDAV module for Apache,
> apparently it provides machine-parseable directory indices via HTTP.)

It does, and it's great, but it'll only help you for mirror sites that
are running apache+mod_dav (or some other DAV-capable web server) AND
have DAV switched on for the Debian mirror part of the website.  Or I
have I completely misunderstood what you're wanting to do?

The output of directories in HTML format by Apache and various other web
servers isn't that difficult to parse.  Certainly not when you already
know what you're looking for (which you do).  And if you just want to
test for the existence of a certain file, it's even easier to look at it
directly ...

  $ nc -v ftp.au.debian.org 80
  www.planetmirror.com [203.16.234.20] 80 (?) open
  HEAD http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian-cd/3.0_r0/i386/binary-i386-1.iso HTTP/1.0