Re: state of the cdrom mirrors report

Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > I still wouldn't apply it because of the HTTP/FTP dependency.
> >
> > Don't know what you mean by that.
>
> Listing http:// links when only ftp:// ones are verified.

Well as I see it, we have three choices:

1. Leave things as they are, with dozens of known to be broken ftp and
   http links.
2. At least make sure all the ftp links are valid, and eliminate many of
   the probably broken http links, which my script already dones.
3. Someone who likes to grovel around in html do even more work.

I don't really see the benefit of holding off on 2 in hope that someone
will eventually do 3; they're more liable to do so if the program is
already in place and working for ftp. And I certianly don't see the
benefit of leaving things in the unusable state they are when a much
improved though admittedly not perfect list is already available.

If you're waiting for complete perfection, it may take some time.
<shrug>

--
see shy jo