Re: [oferk@oren.co.il: debian]

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 11:30:13AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:49:31PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > FWIW, maybe it is not even a good idea to separate the list of CD
> > vendors (on www.d.o) from the rest of the CD information (on
> > cdimage.d.o)? [snip]
>
> I agree, the two sections about CDs should be together. It would
> probably be best if we had www.debian.org/CD/vendors and
> www.d.o/CD/images and then have http://cdimage.d.o/ redirect to the
> latter.

Agreed, except that I think www.debian.org/CD/ should be an
introductory page like the one I put up at cdimage/~atterer, which
contains links to the other pages.

> This would greatly simplify translations, if anything. The image
> files would stay on cdimage.d.o, of course, just the general
> information HTMLs would be with the rest.

This sounds like a good idea, I quite like it! Having the content
available on cvs.debian.org makes it easily accessible to the various
groups of people who might want to change something (CD creators, boot
floppies team, translators...).

What do you think, Phil?

> Note also that /CD/images doesn't have to match the visual design of
> the rest of www.d.o.

Thanks for saying this :) However, even if it doesn't have the same
design initially, this should certainly be an important goal. Site
design changing "in the middle of a site" is usually not acceptable.
:-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--