Re: [oferk@oren.co.il: debian]

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:49:31PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> FWIW, maybe it is not even a good idea to separate the list of CD
> vendors (on www.d.o) from the rest of the CD information (on
> cdimage.d.o)? That may make sense from an organizational point of
> view, but it is less user-friendly. If the vendor list were added to
> the cdimage website, the "Debian on CD" link on
> <http://www.debian.org/> could point directly to cdimage.

I agree, the two sections about CDs should be together. It would probably be
best if we had www.debian.org/CD/vendors and www.d.o/CD/images and then have
http://cdimage.d.o/ redirect to the latter. This would greatly simplify
translations, if anything. The image files would stay on cdimage.d.o, of
course, just the general information HTMLs would be with the rest.

Note also that /CD/images doesn't have to match the visual design of the
rest of www.d.o.

(Note also that we can make symlinks /cd, /CDs, /cds etc for those who can't
remember the exact form :) we do this for /international and /mirror already)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.