Re: Span cleaning effort (done!)

Quoting Francesca Ciceri (madamezou@debian.org):

> I'm not completely sure about it.
> I mean: they are clearly disturbing and stupid messages, and a lot of
> dangerous trolling (dangerous for the ideas in the messages, not for the
> trolling itself), but on the other hand I think that it's important to
> have those messages visible to all, as a warning and reminder of what
> happened.
> I know that they are really disturbing, but without that in the archive
> I, for example, have never known about that situation.
>
> I don't think that in the second stage they have to be tagged as spam,
> but surely they could be tagged as "inappropriate".
>
> What do you think about it?

This is really a matter of personal taste. I will tag them as spam but
I understand that others may prefer tagging as inappropriate.

To explain my position : this person intentionnally spammed the
mailing list with hate messages. He also harrassed several d-w
contributors in private and was "banned" from the mailing list by
listmasters (however, as he was constantly changing origin mail
address, this had no real effect).

I consider that tagging his "mails" as spam is indeed applying the
list ban.