Re: Statistics of female participation in packing in Debian

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:32:57AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For the piece of news I'm preparing about DW, I compiled a statistic
> of female participation in Debian.
>
> You can see the results at: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Statistics

Well done! I've added this paragraph to DebianWomen page in w.d.o:

=== Statistics ===
We're trying to create a database of women involved in Debian Project both as
DM/DD and as contributors without official roles. Pleas, see the page of
[[DebianWomen/Statistics|statistics]] and feel free to add yourself if you're
not in the list.

I'm not too convinced about "create database" 'cause seems a police thing :D
... maybe needs a rewording. "Create some statistics"? "Collect some numbers"?

> The graph is only about packaging (first uploads, DD accounts, DM
> keys).  It'd be nice to compile similar lists of participation in the
> BTS and in translations, but I fear that the information is way too
> large to parse.

Is it ok if I forward your mail (this mail) to debian-l10n-italian list, in
order to know how many women contribute there?
(I think we are only two).

> It's specially hard to figure out who are women and who aren't,
> because each culture has very different names.
Yes, sometimes it's also difficult  distinguish name and surname. ;)

Cheers,
Francesca