Re: Statistics of female participation in packing in Debian

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> That might be feasible for translations (though limiting to
> translations "belonging" to Debian is sometimes tricky),

I'd appreciate your help in getting a list, even if it's not perfect.

> Finally, I would here probably avoid listing names (you of
> course know that some contributing women prefer avoiding to advertize
> their gender: here again, I have real examples in mind in the l10n
> world).

I know.  But that's one of the things that we are trying to fix with
debian-women, isn't it?  There is nothing wrong with being a woman,
and there should be nothing wrong about letting the world know about
it.  In any case, we obviously wouldn't want to list someone that
would rather stay annonymous, but I think it would be encouraging for
other women to see a list of all the others that are involved.

--
Besos,
Marga