Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 02:26:34PM +0200, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> At some point I don't think that this has nothing to do with Debian
> exclusively, but with the way women are socialized and brought up, in
> fear and low self esteem in many ways. Unfortunately some women do
> need some encouragement before being able to talk assertively in a
> public mailing list.

Maybe a middle ground would be to prominently publish the email
addresses of a couple of d-w women who say they are happy to be mailed
privately for initial contact, but will try to steer those newcomers to
the d-w list (or some other women-only list if appropriate)?

Michael