Re: Hello and introduction

Hi!

* Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [060225 07:13]:

> Older members could also send mini bios, by the way.....Who begins? :-)

Uhm... perhaps me?  Since I have never send a bio but was lurking
arround for quite some time, you could say, that it's my turn ;)

Hi!  My name is Alexander Schmehl but I'm often called "tolimar" (no big
meaning behing that, it's a quite unknown character in "book of lost
tales", the prequel to the prequel to "Lord of the Rings").  I'm a
Debian Developer as long as I'm 28 years old (which will be four weeks
tomorov).

I maintain a couple of smaller packages (related to games, some other
packages will hopefully follow soon ;) but my main contributions to
Debian are - if you like to say so - public relations work:  Organizing
smaller and bigger events, boothes and merchandising for exhibitions,
fairs and small conferences, delivering talks.  Most of that in germany
and nearby european countries.

If I'm not traveling arround in the countrie, I'm trying to complete my
degree in computer science (Anyone heard ever of the Department of
Computer Science at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universitaet Frankfurt?)
and work as part time employee as "software developer" / "techical
foobarist" at a company producing cool (and uncool) open source stuff.

My interest in d-w?  Mostly curiosity at first I must honestly confess.
I was just curious, what you are going to do.  But I found some stuff
created by d-w quite interesting and usefull (e.g. the bug squashing
workshops or the maintainer scripts article (wouldn't have made it
through nm without it)).

So, if there's something I can help with, just say so.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--
http://learn.to/quote/