Re: A list for D-W translators

On 31/07/2005, at 7:27 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:

Aren't the activities and discussions here partly just driven by the
fear, women can stay apart and do their own thing?

I don't understand the point you're making.  What activities where?

Jutta's point is very well-made. I have found this puzzling, too. I've stated specifically that I want to form a list as a special interest group within D-W, with the twin aims of addressing specific i18n issues for D-W, and of mentoring women translators into the main i18n area. I'm not saying I expected everybody to support it, but I did think it would be received mostly as a creative and positive effort.

I am trying to open doors, not close them. Where are the closed-doors thoughts coming from? Who is threatened by this very innocent proposal, and why?