Re: Precomposed Unicode layouts and permutations (was:Re: hello + UTF-8

On 11/08/2005, at 5:36 AM, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

If this is something you're serious about, you should bring this up on
the Unicode list. I haven't been on there for too long but I don't
recall a proposal like this coming by yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mako. At the moment, I'm trying to collect what information and resources we do have available for the input of these languages, and to keep all issues open if possible (which is what I was trying to do in that mail). We're certainly finding a lot of the kind of help we need in this, but it's by no means defined yet. if we do end up with a dead end, then it would be worth while trying to push whatever issue has been agreed is the best path, but so far it looks like we have more open doors than dead ends, which is encouraging. :)

We'll report back when we have a feasible summary.