Dict News, was: Debian Dict on debian-women website

It is a pity that there still are no answers to my mail about the dicts on D-W.

Am 27.07.2005 um 10:52 schrieb Jutta Wrage:

- - include full dictd support [1]

Seems I got that fixed. But now Serpento strikes a bit.

The language sorting is a bit difficult sometimes. For three languages there had to be added sorting entries directly into the source code. But there is a solution on horizon: ICU support for sorting. The ICU lib(s) will make it possible to have a sorting dependent on locales without having the locales installed. The pity about that: There are not libraries using the API in perl, all links go to a non- existing sourceforge project. makdictutf8 will have to move to python language. And another problem: ICU 3.4 currently in question is not in sarge (only in incoming for Etch) and the python libs need something newer than that in Sarge/Etch.

Unicode still is a problem. :-(

Good news: After the first translations to Vietnamese I got first files for Lithauian Language today. Please see http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian-women/ for the full list of Dictionaries.

In http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/dicts/ there are some other experiments with dicts. Maybe, you want to have a look at http:// www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/dicts/packaging/html/debian-packaging- glossary.en.html and http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian/dicts/ packaging/html/debian-packaging-main.en.html - while I am not sure, if the enties should not be "Control:Source" for the explanation what goes there in the Control file. On the other hand other files might have entries with the same name and the same content.

- -- http://www.witch.westfalen.de

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)