Re: Precomposed Unicode layouts and permutations (was:Re: hello + UTF-8

<quote who="Enrico Zini" date="Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:17:29PM +0200">
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:06:06PM -0400, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
>
> > If this is something you're serious about, you should bring this up on
> > the Unicode list. I haven't been on there for too long but I don't
> > recall a proposal like this coming by yet.
>
> Details about how to join the list?

All of the information necessary to get online should be here:

  http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html

It's a nice community. The level to which some of these people are
*serious* language geeks and also *serious* geeks in the technical
sense has been quite impressive to me.

There is a real imbalance in knowledge between some of the folks who
are on the technical committee or have been involved forever and some
of the folks who just recently found the list (Unicode takes a very
complex set of problems that are not easy to get familiar with). That
said, everyone seems to be pretty patient and willing to poiltely
rehash stuff when folks ask which is refreshing.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill