Re: DW quotes

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 05:40:30AM -0400, cray III wrote:
>    hey martin

>    u have mistaken...DW has nothing to do with ur image....this is an effort
>    to bring more females into debian and make them contribute to this awesome
>    project.... DW will serve as a central repository for all females who
>    wanna get into Debian stuff ...

Actually, Martin has been seeing some of the same attitudes that I've been
seeing as well - though since I'm not nearly as involved as he, I see it at
a much lesser extent. This attitude isn't necessarily exhibited by everyone
involved, but it does come through in the way a select few people interact
on the DW channel, mailing list and with (or lack of, in many cases) the
Debian community as a whole. This may not be the /goal/ of DW, but it most
certainly is a potential side-effect, and one that was discussed at the
beginning of the project.

It's rather unfair to declare that Martin is mistaken in what he's seeing.
You may disagree with his interpretation, but it's rather arrogant of
someone to tell another person that their *perceptions* are wrong.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from you; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski