Re: d-w wiki

On 29/05/2005, at 2:42 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:

It seems as if these problems are due to PmWiki mistaking words starting with a capital letter and containing non-US-ASCII characters for WikiWords. This can be resolved by surrounding such words with [= and =]. This tells PmWiki
explicitly not to make the word a WikiWord.

Yes, it's doing the same thing to my Vietnamese words, for example the translation for Debian Women: it munges the non-ASCII characters. :(

This is probably not the best way to do this, but I don't know of a way to fix this in PmWiki's code. Maybe someone more knowlegeable has some advice?

At least it's a start: thanks, Thierry.

btw, I've inserted a sentence at the top of our homepage, it translates as:

"This wiki is based on PmWiki -- a member of Debian Women has just modified it to display UTF-8 text correctly, including Vietnamese."

Take a bow, Thierry. ;)

A question or two:

How do I edit the crumb trail, so my language group can understand what it means?

The word "Vietnamese" is displayed correctly across the top in the language list, but not yet in the right-hand sidebar, nor in the name of the page (e.g. Vietnamese Homepage). Can I edit that?

More questions as I stub my toes on more things... ;)

<ouch>

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc