Re: d-w wiki

* Meike Reichle wrote:
> Hey Thierry
>
> Thanks a lot for the great work!! :D
>
> Meike
>
> Thierry Reding said/sagte:

> >>One could just run « iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 » for each file, if
> >>that's the only issue.
> >

> > I just converted the Wiki files using the method that Clint suggested (thanks
> > =) and this seems to work now. PmWiki now sends UTF-8 as encoding for each
> > page. However there seem to be minor glitches, mainly for the Spanish and
> > Portuguese languages. This seems to happen only for link texts. There might
> > be a problem with how PmWiki encodes these. I have to look into that further
> > and will keep you posted.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Thierry

It seems as if these problems are due to PmWiki mistaking words starting with
a capital letter and containing non-US-ASCII characters for WikiWords. This
can be resolved by surrounding such words with [= and =]. This tells PmWiki
explicitly not to make the word a WikiWord.

This is probably not the best way to do this, but I don't know of a way to
fix this in PmWiki's code. Maybe someone more knowlegeable has some advice?

Cheers
Thierry