Re: My adventures with NM - part 5b (T&S vanquished)

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:29:16PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> FWIW, my own feeling is that it's good if the T&S questions include some
> "advanced skills" items that not everyone will be able to answer, and which
> don't hurt their eligibility.  I think this is much more useful, to the AM
> and to the NM, because it probes the limits of the NM's abilities instead of
> just establishing that they meet the baseline requirements.

I agree with this as well. In addition, the NM questions are not only meant to
probe your abilities, but also teach you things that you don't already know.
Even if one has been active in Debian for some time, there are so many areas in
this vast project that there's always something new to learn. All of you who
are going through NM, or plan to one day, should keep this in mind. The
questions aren't meant to be hostile, but to help everyone involved, including
you.

 - David Nusinow