Re: get the project officially started

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Millan" <zeratul2@wanadoo.es>

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:31:13 Robert Collins wrote:
> > The solution for the licensing/DFSG/policy comment is to start a
thread
> > on debian-legal. Calmly and clearly ask if anyone percieves
problems,
> > and then for any you cannot logically address, post a link here.
>
> he claims that a discussion in -legal has already been done, i can't
> find it there. do you know about it?

The way I read his email, he was saying "where is the discussion", not
"there was one and you should have linked to it".

> > Thirdly,
> > Wine does not run Cygwin properly now. (please if you're going to
argue,
> > build cygwin on cygwin hosted in WINE and run the full testsuite. If
> > nothing fails that doesn't fail on (say) win2K, then I'll accept
that
> > Cygwin works properly under WINE).
> > Reactos does not run Cygwin now (I've been in the reactos lists for
> > quite some time now :}).
>
> Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> has just announced he put it to
work,
> console mode does not work though but it won't matter when we have x
> terminal emulators.

I'll repeat myself.
Until the test suite is run successfully, you have *no real* idea about
this. You are guessing that pthreads, mmap, pipes and a bunch of other
primitives that cygwin emulates are working properly.

Console code is one of the key parts of cygwin, and Xterm emulators
require that code working as well.

Rob