Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On Tue, 2022-08-23 at 20:38 +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting Ansgar (2022-08-23 19:44:17)
> >
> > For me installation media are more or less just a glorified non-tarball
> > of archive contents. So I apply the same standards I would apply to a
> > tarball of the Debian archive (which would include non-free).
>
> So you do not consider installation media part of Debian?

Not really. "Debian" (the distribution) is the installed system or the
software repository where I install software from.

I see installation media as a partial offline mirror of the archive
(with several options what "partial" means between netinst media and
large BD media) plus some technical bits so it starts the debian-
installer software (which is part of Debian).

So as far as I am concerned the GR only changes what the partial
offline mirror contains.

Ansgar