Re: General Resolution: Liquidate donated assets as soon as possible

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 02:31:12PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> I don't see GRs as "adversarial" or "a last resort to put a nail in the
> coffin of a divisive debate", but as a great tool we have to take
> collective decisions. I think we can have "nice" GRs without obvious
> conflicts, and they don't inherently have to be painful or exhausting.

GRs have another great problem, IMHO.
They are pretty much a final solution, not very dissimilar to some
country's law.  Once a GR pass, the project has no way to behave
differently than what's was voted, save to have another GR to repeal the
previous one.

Even ignoring if this particular vote should be done or not (spoiler:
I'd likely vote NOTA over anything here), I believe it would be too
stifling to force TOs to do that when there might be good reasons not
to in some specific case that we can't foresee.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :