Re: Asking DPL to shorten Discussion Period for rms-open-letter

Hallo,
* Felix Lechner [Sun, Mar 28 2021, 08:12:58AM]:

> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 5:05 AM Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:
> >
> > You (and others, privately) agree that the
> > accusations are deliberately harmful
>
> That's intent to harm—and maybe malice.
>
> Anyone wishing to harm someone should do so on their own. I want no part in it.

You are not alone. I consider some of the wording of the second
paragraph of "Choice 1" very disturbing, primarily that "He has shown
himself to be" followed by strongly connotated wording.

Seriously, what kind of statement is that? This is deliberately
declaring the perception of "somebody" to be already some kind of truth.
Do the proposers of Choice 1 actually realize that this might present
Debian as a driving force of a smear campaign? Do we really want that?
*facepalm*

And regarding the subject, "shorten Discussion Period". Sorry, I cannot
agree with that. We are known for taking our time with quality analysis,
the Release Team even extended the package freeze time to 20 days. But
for this topic, without any emergency, we have to rush like hell?
Sorry, guys, smells like double standards.

Best regards and good night,
Eduard.