Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR

On 12/3/19 6:40 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> However, stating
> the discusion started less than a month ago... Is quite far from the
> observed fact that it started no less than five years ago.

Gunnar,

I very much disagree with this view.

On 12/3/19 6:40 PM, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> And if something is missing, as others
> have stated, either a high rank for FD or a new GR following this one
> can be the next possible action.

Which would better be avoided. That'd be really bad compared to a few
more days delay to have a correct GR to begin with.

Ian, I support you, I don't think we need to rush. Even if this vote was
postponed until January, it's my view that it would be fine (but I
understand others who think differently).

Thomas Goirand (zigo)