Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR

please stop sending me emails….

On 04 Dec 2019, at 09:22, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:13:03 PM EST Sam Hartman wrote:
I note that our voting system does have recourse for people who believe
that the vote is called to early.

They can vote FD above other options.
And in this specific case, voting G>FD> other options
would send a clear message that we should develop options based on G.

I don't have a strong opinion on the outcome of the vote, but I do have a
strong opinion about this.

I think short circuiting the discussion process casts into question the
legitimacy of the process.

I think you are wrong here.  How can one know where to rank option G when it's
clearly incomplete.  I don't know if I like it or not.  Let's finish the work
on getting the ballot right and then vote.

If you think this discussion has been fun, consider the fun of doing it over
again next year with accusations of DPL bad faith thrown in.

Please wait.

Scott K