Re: Review of proposals

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 11:44:55AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > For those reasons, I am not sure if I will rank proposal D above FD. I
> > would very much prefer if it were compressed to a proposal of about the
> > same length as proposals B or C.
> I am sorry it is so long, indeed.  It's just that I don't see what to
> cut.  The init systems wars have been so wide-ranging and demonstrated
> a large variety of different pathologies, and poor arguments, as well
> as of course high-level differences of approach.

Ian, could you please stop characterizing those stupid flamewars and mud
fights as war? War is something completly different, people die.

In my book, speaking of 'init systems wars' is a CoC violation (utterly
insulting some) which your very proposal D reminds us not to do.

(and btw, I'm very glad that this thread went on so long without mentioning
the war. I do think we as community have improved, greatly, and I'm thankful
to every individual contributing to this. So I also don't particular mind
this offense now.)

--
cheers,
	Holger