Re: Review of proposals

Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> writes:

> In my opinion, that question is the core of the argument we're having.
> Daemon startup is effectively solved on the technical side, and the only
> question remaining there is whether including an init script should
> remain mandatory or not.

For the record, just to ensure there isn't a perception of consensus when
there isn't one, I don't agree at all that daemon startup is effectively
solved on the technical side.  From my perspective, there are huge
improvements to daemon startup in systemd compared to even upstart, let
alone older init systems, and I expect even more to be coming.

I say this not because I want to start another debate about this point (I
absolutely do not -- that's what the vote is for), but because I don't
want you to make false assumptions about what people are concerned about.