Q to all candidates: mutual communcation and decision-making tools

Hey all,

Do you have concrete plans to improve the mutual/two-way communication
between the DPL and the rest of the project? Monthly bits from the DPL
are already helpful, but they're mostly a one-way communication so far.
I don't mean private communication between the DPL and particular
teams/developers, but public discussion.

I wonder whether the DPL could do more to improve mutual communication
(besides participating in mailinglist threads), maybe even by inventing
new tools?

My gut feeling is that most Debian members don't have the time to follow
d-devel, d-project and d-private all the time, so I wonder whether we
could make use of additional decision-making tools that lower the
barrier to participate.

One idea that came into my mind lately: we could do regular polls about
the most pressing problems/projects/changes among all project members
(after they got raised and discussed on the mailinglists) and the DPL
could delegate temporary teams to solve/implement the ones that got the
most votes. (I really like the idea of temporary task forces or "fixer
teams" that Jonathan Carter brought up in
msgid:51b4d63d-1af1-e0ca-6621-a131b7ec3d7f@debian.org[1].)

E.g. that could be done bimontly and the bits from the DPL mails could
be used to announce the polls and the resulting delegations.

What do the candidates think about these ideas?

Cheers,
 jonas

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2019/03/msg00101.html