Re: Q to all candidates: mutual communcation and decision-making tools

* Jonas Meurer <jonas@freesources.org> [2019-04-01 21:07]:
> Do you have concrete plans to improve the mutual/two-way communication
> between the DPL and the rest of the project?

My plans are to be proactive in terms of reaching out to people and in
general to be available and approachable.  I don't have any specific
plans apart from that but I'm open to ideas.

> Monthly bits from the DPL are already helpful, but they're mostly a
> one-way communication so far.

Agreed.

> I wonder whether the DPL could do more to improve mutual communication
> (besides participating in mailinglist threads), maybe even by inventing
> new tools?

Maybe...

> My gut feeling is that most Debian members don't have the time to follow
> d-devel, d-project and d-private all the time

... but one risk is creating yet another venue, which just adds to the
problem.

> One idea that came into my mind lately: we could do regular polls about
> the most pressing problems/projects/changes among all project members

It's an interesting idea.  I was actually thinking of asking for a
show of hands for various questions (TBD) during the DPL talk at
DebConf, but I hadn't considered online polls.

> What do the candidates think about these ideas?

I definitely think it's import to explore ideas in this area.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/