Re: Q: top three things you would like to change if that was easy?

* Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> [2019-04-01 18:42]:
> So, what are the important things that you will fix or create within
> Debian with those three magic cards? Why? How?

1) I would have a 6 month release cycle.  There's a lot of value in
getting releases out regularly and I think a lot of problems in Debian
stem from the fact that we don't release often enough.  The more often
you do something, the better you get.  If we did a release every 6
months, people would get used to it and things would run more
smoothly.  We could develop more of a "CI" mindset where Debian has to
work all of the time instead of fixing RC bugs during the freeze.

2) More uniformity: while I don't want to stifle innovation, things in
Debian are just too hard because everyone wants to do things their
way.  So more uniform packaging, more uniform version control (sala),
group maintenance rather than building castles, etc.

3) I'll reserve my third card for later :P

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/