Re: Q to all candidates: spending money

Le 2015-03-17 07:41, martin f krafft a écrit :
also sprach Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org> [2015-03-17 00:46 +0100]:
programs like Outreachy. I think that we can fund 2 slots per year.

[…]

Of course, as you duly noted, this doesn't prevent us from organizing
a fun raising campaign to sponsor extra slots.

I think you have that the wrong way around… or how do you want to
sustainably fund 2 Outreachy slots per year (beyond each DPL term)?

For a start, Debian can fund two slots *this* year. If we want to do
this sustainably, we will have to make sure we have funds dedicated for
it and thus organizing a specific (or not?) fund raising campaign if
donations didn't not reach a certain level to cover some part of the
slots costs.

Regards,

--
Mehdi